Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Happy Birthday!


Surprise!


Actually, I do know it's not Friday. I'm a little early. Yesterday was my blog's 2nd month birthday. (Yes, even I was surprised when I found that out!) I thought I'd celebrate today with a little surprise party. So--surprise!

When I checked the stats on my blog the first week, two people from Russia, one from the Ukraine, and I were the only ones who had ever looked at it. It was then that I finally realized that a blog about Visiting Teaching was probably doomed to be a one-hit wonder every month.

On top of that, the new visiting teaching emphasis came out a couple weeks ago--the message wasn't the main priority. I thought life was all over for the blog! But as I re-read the new VT information, I realized that my blog intentions go hand-in-hand with our direction to "Stay in frequent contact through visits, phone calls, letters, e-mail, text messages, and simple acts of kindness." Visiting teaching is not a one-hit wonder every month!

I love to create corny little tokens of affection. And when I am not highlighting the new month's message or holiday ideas for our sisters, I'll share some of those tokens of affection with you. Many will be versatile so you can multi-task with them--family, other friends, and neighbors can also benefit from them, if corny actually can be considered beneficial.

Thanks for visiting! I wasn't expecting to get a hundred hits for many, many months and was astonished to find I've had over 8000. (You are such a quiet group for one that size!) I'm looking forward to the uncharted journey that's ahead.

I have a little party favor for you. I wasn't sure what flavor cupcake you like best, so three cupcake tag flavors await you here, though unfortunately only in pdf form. Have a great week!

Thanks for visiting today!


Susan

2 comments:

  1. Your printables are so cute! And I actually feel motivated to do my Visiting Teaching...which is a miracle. Thank you soooo much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete