Friday, October 4, 2013

New VT Topic Reveal



New Visiting Teaching Topics Begin in October 

"Beginning in October 2013 the Relief Society Visiting Teaching Messages will focus on the divine mission of Jesus Christ and His many roles and attributes.

By studying and focusing on the roles and attributes of the Savior, the sisters in the Church will learn to be like Him and will be able to discuss with the sisters they serve how the teachings and example of the Savior can influence their lives." [Emphasis mine.] From the September 2013 Ensign.

When I found out about the new VT emphasis, I didn't want be left behind. I had to create a printable for it!

The Divine Mission of Jesus Christ: Creator

For this month's theme, I felt that the image of the world should look like a gift to your sister because the earth is the most beautiful, personally-crafted gift ever created, made with us in mind. We take photography like this for granted now, but I remember how awed I was by the beauty of the first photo ever taken of the earth's entire surface. It was jaw-dropping gorgeous!


The Blue Marble Photo, first photo of entire earth

One of my favorite scriptures fits so well with October's message, I included it as a tag on the printable. My heart soared the first time I read D&C 59: 18, 19 because I recognized that God's love is even in the smallest details around us.


18. Yea, all things which come of the earth, in the season thereof, are made for the benefit and the  use of man, both to please the eye and to  gladden the heart;
19. Yea, for  food and for raiment, for taste and for smell, to  strengthen the body and to enliven the soul 



Creating the printable is almost intuitive. Download, print and cut everything out. The tan tag is folded in half where indicated. "X" marks the spot you'll punch the tan tag (when folded) with a 1/4" hole punch. You'll hopefully see four tiny notches on the edge of the world to snip. These hold the string in place when you wrap it around the earth. I used about 28 inches of natural/black baker's twine on the sample. Card stock is the best weight for this printout, or you can glue stick the earth to a scrap of poster board and cut it out. If you'd like, you can also bring your sister some of the harvest bounty that's available this month--the best visual aids out there for D&C 59:18, 19!

Download printable here
 
Another October printable here


Thanks for visiting! 
 
Susan 



4 comments:

  1. Love, Love, Love this!!!! Thank you for sharing your talents!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tags. I think i will use them with the treat I already created. Thank you so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Thanks for sharing your talents!!

    ReplyDelete